Allow me to share a little insight about long distance moving. In most instances your move should begin with a free in-home estimate from an in-home estimator. The estimator will conduct a survey of your property. His or her goal is to map out a move plan and to provide you with fair and honest pricing.
Once you’ve selected your West Palm long distance mover, you now need to begin to prepare your home for the move. You will receive several tips from the moving company on how to make the move as smooth as possible. I’ve listed a few of my own below:
- Plan a garage sale to eliminate items that you don’t need.
- Secure change of address information from postal service
- Notify utility companies of cancellation of services
- Assemble important documents (i.e. policies, birth certificates, school records etc.)
- Garner packing materials(only needed if you are doing the packing)
- Disconnect major appliances
All of these tips and more will start you on your way to a first-rate West Palm long distance move. Moves across state lines can sometimes be rather cumbersome. However, when you hire a reputable West Palm moving company, you can relax knowing that you and your items are safe.